Arrival of My Disposition, Pending Departures


Demolition, Acquisition
Every person I meet seems to be a welcome reminder of positive circumstances. Knowing that this shift isn't an end-all sentence but a gap to bridge across.

Short Lessons in Latin
I don't know latin
and I don't know you.
But I'd like to know to know you
if I wouldn't be so cold.

Droplets of icy sweat drip,
tired limbs from this constant pace.
I'll blink twice and hint a smile,
imagine a scene of graceful conversation.

I'm running off to another place
and you're soon half a thought away.

Fear in a Two-way Mirror
It's difficult to know that there are still bits and pieces of our relationship that flow and react as we talk. It's difficult knowing that these pieces are still rooted deeply in my stomach. Staring at you is difficult, and I'm still trying desperately to remain in control of myself. It's as if we're staring at each other through a two-way mirror, unsure as to what side we're on.

In Limbo
The lines are set and the runway is dimly lit, it's still much too difficult to see through the meaty fog of the city. I'm preparing my life for departure, box by box, back to a familiar place. I'll bring with me the things I've learned to start again and jumpstart my life in a place I truly love.


0 comments: