Dreams: Ebb & Flow

Silent Trees
It's a strange feeling being in a place where you've been before only to have the circumstances be completely different. Minuscule occurrences like a half filled wine glass or a couple spoons on the cutting board, stain my mind with memories that never happened.

Just Watch the Fireworks
An old B-side from a band forever ago never held such a feeling of excitement and tension. Simple lyrics on the tips of lips.

Here you can be anything.
I think that scares you.

Here, I've been here before but only by myself, myself.

I promised I'd see it again.
I promised I'd see this with you now.

What giving up gives you
and where giving up takes you.
I've had and I've been.

Here in center frame,
here there's only air.
and just enough space to fit.

I said said said it out loud over and over
Said said said it out loud, but what do I know?

I'll stop now.
Just enough so I can hear you
I stay up as long as it takes

I imagine running my fingers across that chain-link fence at school. 
Day dreaming about intimate nights of fireworks, intoxicated by the explosions in a quiet-violent sky.
Hoping to find that girl to share those fireworks with.

Placebo
Hah, twenty-four and I'm still quoting songs from old high school love drama. Spinning thoughts around simpler times where our only worries were our parents catching us out late at night or making out. I feel like I could dream nostalgic for hours.

0 comments: